Archive

Posts Tagged ‘massacre’

Denver Batman massacre: 12 people killed at Dark Knight premiere


Friday, 20 July 2012

UPDATE 11:46 GMT:  12 people dead and 50 wounded.

Local media sources in Colorado are reporting that 12 people have been killed at the premiere of Batman movie The Dark Knight Rises in the suburbs of Denver.

Brenda Stuart, of 850 KOA Radio, said the victims were shot dead but there may have also been an explosion.

She said police are looking for a second explosive device at the movie theatre.

One suspect has been detained.

As many as 40 people are believed to have been injured in the attack.
Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/denver-batman-massacre-10-people-killed-at-dark-knight-premiere-16187436.html#ixzz219SOUozV

Accused soldier has ‘no memory’ of massacre


  • By NewsCoreCBS News 
  • From:NewsCore 
  • March 20, 2012 10:35AM
THE US soldier accused of massacring 16 Afghan civilians in a door-to-door rampage, has no memory of the incident, his lawyer said today.
John Henry Browne and two other attorneys met with Staff Sgt Robert Bales for seven hours overnight at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, where Sgt Bales was transferred late last week.

“He has no memory,” Mr Browne told CBS News. “He has an early memory of that evening and a later memory of that evening but he doesn’t have any in between.”

Mr Browne said Sgt Bales, 38, had not admitted to the killings. He also said Sgt Bales was “in shock”.

“He’s fixated on the troops left on the ground and what they’re accusing him of and how that may have negative ramifications on his friends and patriots,” Mr Browne said.

Mr Browne also said his client was not drunk on the night of the massacre but had had a “couple of sips of something”.

Reports also emerged today about Sgt Bales’ troubled past as a financial adviser.

Reports said that Sgt Bales was accused of fraud and stealing money from clients prior to entering the army, defrauding one Ohio couple of over a million dollars in 2002.

He was also accused of assaulting a girlfriend in 2002 and leaving the scene of an accident in 2008.

Sgt Bales and his wife, Karilyn, were also in financial difficulty and planned to sell their home in Washington state for $US50,000 less than the price they originally bought it for.

Today, his wife released a statement in which she called the March 11 massacre a “terrible and heartbreaking tragedy”.

“What has been reported is completely out of character of the man I know and admire,” she wrote, adding, “The victims and their families are all in my prayers, as is my husband who I love very much.”

Sgt Bales, who was on his fourth tour of duty following previous tours in Iraq, allegedly left his base in the Panjway district of Kandahar province and walked to a nearby village, where he went on a house-to-house rampage during the early hours. Most of the victims were women and children.

Mr Browne told CBS News he would not seek an insanity defence for his client, but instead a diminished capacity defence.

Sgt Bales is expected to be officially charged later this week.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/accused-soldier-has-no-memory-of-massacre/story-e6frf7jx-1226304951441

Categories: Global news Tags: , , ,

Afghan Massacre: Mass Murder By Two Death Squads With Air Support


Tuesday, 20 March 2012 09:30

‘US cover up of the Afghan massacre unravels as probe finds two groups of US Soldiers carried executed 16 civilians, allegedly with full air support.

The US corporate media continues to insist that only one soldier carried out the brutal Afghan massacre which left 16 civilians, mostly woman and children, dead in their homes.

In Afghanistan another version of the story is developing that the corporate media fails to even acknowledge as Afghanistan President Karzai accuses the US government of covering up the truth about the executions.’

Read more: Afghan Massacre: Mass Murder By Two Death Squads With Air Support

http://www.davidicke.com/headlines